With such a vast selection of moving company services, the hiring process might overwhelm you. Fortunately, once you know how to separate the good from the not so good, you will quickly identify the best company for your specific needs. The key to success is to compare different aspects of at least three top movers. Following are the most critical factors to consider.
- Estimates – To compare moving company services, start by requesting an estimate. Estimators will assess the type and volume of goods and then provide you with a quote. With a professional assessment from an on-site estimator, you will get the best price for the services rendered. Also, select a moving company that will provide you with a binding estimate as opposed to non-binding. For the most part, that guarantees the price quoted. Although the amount due at the end of the move could be slightly higher or lower, you can expect it to be close to what the company quoted.
- Reputation – The things that past customers post online about moving companies speak volumes as to the caliber of service and level of integrity. Spend a little time searching a mover’s name so that you can review comments and feedback.
- History – Typically, a mover with years of experience does a better job than a new company. The reason is that with time and from lessons learned, moving company services improve. Choosing a moving company that has a solid history of successful business increases the chances that your move is being handled by industry experts.
- Licensing – When comparing different movers, verify they have the required licensing. You can pull up information from the U.S. Department of Transportation to find what you need. Also, look for companies with an A+ Better Business Bureau rating. That tells you that they meet high standards within the industry.
- Services – While some movers only transport goods from one location to another, others offer a broad range of convenient add-on services. If you need help with packing and unpacking, furniture installation, vehicle transport, or something else, compare moving company services to make sure they provide what you need.
- Insurance – Along with basic liability insurance coverage, choose a moving company that offers full replacement value protection. That way, if the movers accidentally lose, damage, or destroy something, the company will replace it for the price you would pay today.
- Interaction – Even the interaction you have with a moving company representation matters. As a potential customer, that individual should show you the utmost respect and be patient in response to your questions.
If you consider the above factors when choosing between moving companies, you will be well on your way to finding a team of reputable movers to handle your relocation. Remember, you can always contact the experts at Matheson Transfer for all your moving questions and a free estimate.